Говьсүмбэр аймгийн бэлчээрийн ургамалжилт, түүний төлөв байдал

This paper addresses land degradation issues in pasture lands of the gobi region (desert zone) due to both anthropogenic and livestock impacts as well as incorporating climate change influences. To illustrate these land degradation issues, case studies from three soums (Bayantal, Sumber and Shiveegobi) in the Gobisumber aimag, located in transitional zones between dry-steppe and desert-steppe, have been used. The field results suggest that approximately 80% of total degraded pastureland area can be classified as being moderately degraded and the remaining 20% is severely degraded. Specific studies on needlegrass-bridlegrass-forbs, feathergrass-needlegrass, sedge-shining ders and saltwort with shrubs suggest that plant production/productivity has decreased by 2.5-3.5 times, species composition has decreased by 2.0-2.5 times and average plant height has decreased by 5-8 times when compared to plants in non-degraded areas of the region.

Data and Resources

Additional Info

Field Value
Source Геоэкологийн асуудлууд 2005
Author С.Бадрах, Э.Ариунболд
Last Updated October 29, 2018, 08:12 (UTC)
Created October 29, 2018, 08:12 (UTC)